Sunday, March 27, 2011

Basketball Wives

Reality usually is never true reality. I think that when on a reality show these people act the way they do, but are asked to take it to further extremes. The show I chose to talk about is Basketball Wives, as you might have guessed its a show about the lives of women who are married or have been married to basketball players. The show is always filled with drama which is why its such a popular reality show. How they live seems pretty up to par with how you'd visualize a basketball wife to live, but the way they treat one another is what makes you think sometimes are they really going through this or is it just hyped up for tv. Within the show there isn't to much competition but they do all strive to look their best at all times. The two wives who start the most problems on this show are Jen an Evelyn where ever they are most likely drama comes about. Here's a prime example of  them scheming how to cause more drama http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/610926/not-invited.jhtml#id=1655399
the first time I saw that i though is this really how they act or do they have to spice it up for tv because as grown women with children would u really be that concerned that you weren't invited to and event that u have to go as far as trying to crash and event. Its a bit childish and questionable. Although I question its reality at times I still love watching it, so I guess I'm a valuable piece to the "game."

2 comments:

  1. You make a lot of great points. I do think that a lot of things that are done on reality TV is childish. Things are taken to the extreme and it really makes you wonder could these people actually be like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched this show before, but I had to turn the channel about halfway true. It was crazy to me that grown women were causing high school drama like that... Which I def. think is just for the viewers benefit.

    ReplyDelete