Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hunger is no Game!!

I thought Hunger Game was the second best book we've read in for this class. I think it was a easy read an it was very attention grabbing. I think that the author was very detailed creating each scene for you making sure you fully understand whats going on. I think that this book ties in well with other conversations we've had in class in the form of not having your own voice. Like in past conversations a lot of what we talk about is how we fall subject to being of the world and acting the same as everyone else. I think in Hunger Games everyone follows the way of life that the Capitol has formed just because it seems right or because its just the normal. Everyone in each District has their own mind and their own thoughts on whats right from wrong but they are frightened as to what consequences will be given for having their own opinion. When really if one individual would stand out most likely others will come front starting a movement or at least showing the Capitol that things must change.
I choose this link because I think it ties right in with Hunger Games!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xNoMwGvJlE

3 comments:

  1. I definitely think this video relates to the book. The tributes are treated like animals anyways and some end up acting like animals. I picture this is what it is like at the beginning of the games when they are fighting over supplies in the Cornucopia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your link haha! I think it fit the book very well. I like your one line... "...we fall subject to being of the world and acting the same as everyone else. I think in Hunger Games everyone follows the way of life that the Capitol has formed just because it seems right or because its just the normal." I agree I feel like this book goes really well along with all the other readings that we did about this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find this interesting because before this class I had never tried to tie in books with each other or relate them to media. I find that the common denominator is that we should never let our own personal voices be suppressed

    ReplyDelete