Monday, January 31, 2011

Noise Around Me

Over the weekend I hung out with friends, studied, and just lounged around which are things I normally do on an average weekend. Although this weekend I actually took the time out to really evaluate my surrounding and find the "noise". As I went through my normal routine I found myself instantly turning my music on while I study. I also notice while hanging out with my friends we would engage in conversation and I'd find myself drifting off texting or login on to facebook. I believe todays society has become overly drowned out my the "noise", that it has become everyday life. Half the time things are going on around us that we see or hear but we really aren't paying attention to what is taking place. Ultimately the "noise" will probably never stop but only get worst.

4 comments:

  1. Most people are the same way, as am I. Well except I have to have it quiet when I study, but I always fall asleep with the tv on.
    I think it is easy to ignore all the noise around us throughout the day, which is probably going to cause it to get louder and louder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you took the time to really focus on "noise" in your life. When I was walking home from classes today, I was listening to music, texting, and trying to balance my tea from Starbucks; I must say, it takes skills to juggle noise and product (lol). Can you see any positives to "noise?" Also, when you say it will only get worse, do you think we could do anything to try to stop this from happening?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I feel like we don't really pay attention to things that are happening around us, we just ignore it. I think we have become so immune to it that wont ever stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do see positives to noise when the noise is your main focus, not when its playing the background. Also I think many are trying to do things to change the noise, but its in the hands of the society its going take more than just a few to change our way of life.

    ReplyDelete